The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ireland Literary Scavenger Hunt




To set the mood for my upcoming travels, I've been researching Irish literary figures.  I've decided to make it sort of a game for myself, seeing as many places as possible that are connected to Irish literature.  So far, I have eight authors on my list:

Jonathan Swift, George Bernard Shaw, Samuel Beckett, John M. Synge, W. B. Yeats, Bram Stoker, Oscar Wilde and, of course, James Joyce.  (Bonus points to anyone who can figure out who's who in the pictures above.)

Before the trip I plan to download a bunch of books to my Kindle, all with an Ireland theme to be my reading for the trip.  These will include works by the above authors, as well as Celtic fairy tales and legends.

Any other authors I should add to my list?  Suggestions welcome!

2 comments:

A Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' said...

You are going to have such a grand adventure!

Kerryn Angell said...

My hubby and I are hoping to get to Ireland for our anniversary in October. I'd love to hear about any hints and tips about what to see and do, or not to do!

Also, I enjoyed Juliett Mariller's Sevenwaters series beginning with Daughter of the Forest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails