The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 29, 2011

All-Day Writing Marathon, May 1

That's the day after tomorrow!

I know I haven't mentioned this in a while, but I wanted to remind you all that the big end-of-DIY-MFA writing marathon will be happening on Sunday (all day) May 1st.  For more details and to join in, head on over to our Facebook event page.

Basically how it's going to work is this: you sign up on the page so we know you're doing it.  On Sunday, tweet (#diymfa) or leave a comment on the event page when you start writing, then write your heart out!  When you've finished, tweet your end time and word count if you wish.  Also, don't forget to cheer on your fellow writers.

Don't worry if you can't write for a full day on Sunday.  You can do a half-day (half marathon) or just a super sprint.  The important thing is that you take some time that day to make writing a priority.  I hope you all will join me in this!

Write on!

6 comments:

Satia said...

Well this sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I have neither a facebook page nor a twitter account. What I do have are plans for Sunday but if this is an annual event I could mark my calendar for next year. I won't have a facebook page or a twitter account in 2012 but I can (and often do) live vicariously.

Wannabe Writer said...

Super fun! I'm in, and I definitely plan on writing outside in the sunshine.

J.C. Martin said...

Definitely in! Might have a two-hour pit stop to tutor a pupil though...

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Thanks for hosting the writing marathon! I was able to write over 2K words so I'd say it was a success! :D

Gabriela Pereira said...

Awesome job everyone who participated! I'm so excited to hear how much you all wrote and how much you got done.

I'm thinking of doing this more often (like maybe once a month or every two months) because I got so much done! I'll be posting a discussion on our FB page so keep an eye out for it and share your thoughts, OK?

Kerryn Angell said...

I wasn't able to participate this time but I love the idea of doing one every 1-2 months.

Related Posts with Thumbnails