Someone needs to do something to improve the overall literary quality of Valentine's day and I've come to the conclusion that the best way to accomplish this is by having a CONTEST!!!
What you need to do: Write a valentine from one literary character to another and post it in the comments. Easy right? Here are a few more details:
- Contest is Open Until: Precisely 11:59pm EST on Feb. 16 at which time I will close comments on this post.
- Finalists: Will be selected by moi, and will be announced on Saturday, Feb 19. Once I announce the finalists, I'll set up a poll so everyone can vote for the Grand Poobah of Valentine Literary Awesome. I will post to let you know when the poll opens.
- Prize: $15 Amazon.com Gift Card to the Grand Prize Winner!
Get extra bonus points and kudos in the first round if you:
- Use characters from children's literature or teen literature.
- Pair two unlikely valentines in such a way that it goes from bizarre to deliciously ridiculous!
- Make me laugh so hard I snort milk out of my nose.
- Make me sob so much I think my heart might break.
- (But really, I like laughing better than sobbing. Just FYI.)