The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

5 Best Books... from BEA that I Can't Wait to Read

Today I've decided to join the 5 Best Books meme hosted by Indie Reader Houston.  This week's theme is 5 Best Books I picked up at BEA, but I wanted to make it more specific.  I picked up a ton of books at BEA and it's tough for me to know which ones are the "best" until I read them.  Instead, I'm listing the 5 books that are on the nightstand right now as we speak, the 5 books I absolutely cannot wait to read.  Here's my list.



Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
I read The Invention of Hugo Cabret and loved it.  About a year ago I had the opportunity to meet Brian Selznick and hear him speak about this new book.  I've been waiting anxiously for it ever since!



The Wikkeling by Steven Arnston
This is perhaps one of the most beautifully designed books I picked up at BEA.  The art is gorgeous, including several color plates in the middle and silhouette illustrations throughout.  Many of you who know me, know I love books that pay attention to every detail of the reading experience.  I have a feeling, this is one of those books.



The Chronicles of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg
I am a huge fan of The Mystery if Harris Burdick and the line-up of authors contributing to this anthology is nothing short of awesome.  Oh and let's not forget Van Allsburg's gorgeous illustrations.  If the stories are as amazing as the drawings, this will probably make my list of all-time favorites.



The Future of Us by Carolyn Mackler and Jay Asher
I love Carolyn Mackler's books.  I've read every single one and I've been waiting for what feels like an eternity for the next one to come out.  The fact that she's teamed up with Jay Asher (author of Thirteen Reasons Why) makes this book all the more exciting.  Also, I love books that are co-authored because I like seeing the different author voices work together.


The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, adapted by Seymour Chwast
The Canterbury tales are among my favorite pieces of literature of all time.  What could be cooler than reading a version of the tales in graphic novel form?  Needless to say, when I saw this at BEA, I jumped on it.  And the cover image of the Wyf of Bathe riding a motorcycle... hello?  That just rocks.


For more 5 Best Books, check out Indie Reader Houston's blog.  You can also join the linky at her blog and share your own 5 Best Books list.

3 comments:

Ghenet Myrthil said...

These sound great! I'm looking forward to reading Wonderstruck too. :)

Dave Symonds said...

ahhh I read that they'd be giving out The Future of Us. jeallloousss

Anonymous said...

I love the cover of The Canterbury Tales - I've never been interested in reading them, but that cover certainly makes it much more appealing.

Have fun with those 5 books!

My 5-best is on my blog, too. http://leeswammes.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails