The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Story A Day Challenge: Day 3

Today my story count jumps up to nine.  Granted, each story was only six words, so really I only wrote 54 words today, but who's counting?  The project: write six word stories for different images I pulled from my image file.  This project was inspired by Hemingway's shortest story "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."  Here is my favorite six-word story that I have written to date:


 Lost: one pram, baby still inside.

For more on six-word stories check out this article from Wired.  Whether all of these stories are truly stories is up for debate, but they are interesting to read.  Some are hilarious, some tragic, some downright chilling.  A few of my favorites from this list include:

The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.
- Orson Scott Card
 
I’m dead. I’ve missed you. Kiss … ?
- Neil Gaiman
 
Dinosaurs return. Want their oil back.
- David Brin


Before I sign off, I'll leave you with one more image, a six-word epitaph that tells the whole story.


What about you?  Have any six-word stories to share?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails