The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ruby Slippers

Once in a while, life just turns blah on you.  Situations get toxic.  Your writing doesn't cooperate.  Work just isn't as interesting as it used to be.  Blah.

Those are moments when you need ruby slippers.  I don't mean literal ruby slippers like in The Wizard of Oz (though someday I will own a pair of these babies all my very own).  What I mean is, you need give yourself something decadent and luxurious, even it's it's tiny.  Something that tells you: "I'm pampering myself for a change.  I'm being nice to me today, because I deserve it."  Ruby slippers can mean different things to different people.

For me these little luxuries include:
  • Wearing glittery lip gloss
  • A sparkly bookmark, preferably pink
  • Brewing a pot of coconut vanilla tea
  • Lavender hand lotion
How do you like to pamper yourself when life gets you down?  What are your Ruby Slippers?

4 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Oh my gosh! I want those shoes! Wearing the perfect sparkly pair of high, high heels always makes me feel better. I like to play music and kitchen dance. That always makes me feel better.

Skylar Kade said...

I end up at Lush when I need a pick me up. A new bath bomb, or lotion, or something always helps.

Christine said...

I want the coconut vanilla tea. And the shoes. Yes. The shoes work.
THanks for sharing.
I tend to go out with friends and have a bit of wine when I need a pick me up. Social time!

Liz said...

I tend to treat myself with time, in the sense that I let myself just do nothing for a while.

Related Posts with Thumbnails