The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Conferences Coming Up

This month is my big conference month.  For the last two weekends of January I'll be attending both the Writer's Digest Conference and the SCBWI Winter Conference in NYC.  Check these links for more info on these two weekends of writerly bliss:



 Writer's Digest Conference
 January 21-23



SCBWI Winter Conference
January 28-30


I love conferences and I wish I could go to a couple every month of the year but that would break the piggy-bank and seriously cut into writing time.  So instead, I have to make the most of the ones I actually can attend, and that means meeting other awesome writers in person.  (Which is probably my favorite thing in the entire universe!)

But there's a problem: I'm shy.  Especially when it comes to talking to new people.  I get all excited to meet other writers and then I go to these conferences and I get all nervous.  So I just sit there and stare at my notebook.  Alone.  All alone.  Either that or I go with a friend or two and only talk to them because I'm too shy to branch out.

But not this year.  I've decided I will meet new people and talk to other aspiring authors.  That's where you all come in.  Are you going to one of these conferences?

 If so, let me know in the comments and we can try to meet up!  Or just find me when you get there.  Trust me, you'll know it when you see me.  I'll be the girl with her face buried in her notebook secretly praying someone will talk to her.  And since iggi insists on attending these conferences as well, I'll be toting my ever-so-stylin' iggi bag with these little guys printed on it:

4 comments:

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Looking forward to going to the conferences with you! I hope we both leave with new writer friends. :)

Carol Riggs said...

Ooo, really, the NATIONAL conference of the SCBWI? I haven't ever gone to that one. It looks almost overwhelming with all it offers. I go twice a year to my local Oregon ones, however, and really enjoy those. :) Have FUN!

Gabriela Pereira said...

Ghenet - I'm super excited too! Can't wait. I'm counting the days!

Carol - yes the National SCBWI winter conf. in NYC! I feel so lucky that I live in one of the cities where SCBWI has a national conference because every time I've gone, it's been wonderful!

Andrew Rosenberg said...

I'm going to WDC!

Related Posts with Thumbnails