The blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://iggiandgabi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

...And an Iggi-licious New Year!

Wow, it's been a crazy year!  As I look back on it, I still can't believe how much has happened.  Sometimes it doesn't quite seem real, you know?  Here's a snapshot of the past year here at iggi&gabi in writing (and other) milestones:

April:  iggi is born.
            iggi&gabi blog launches.

May:  Gabi finishes thesis and graduates from MFA.

September:  DIY MFA!!!

November:  Rough draft finished.

December:  Gabi and hubby close the deal on dream home!  That's right, it became official on Monday and we'll be moving sometime early in the new year.  We're really excited because we'd been dreaming about this place for ages and now it's finally come true.

As for 2011, I've already got a few things to look forward to with my writing, including some conferences in January, some new classes for me to teach (and maybe some for me to take too) and of course, our new home!
I also want to thank you all for being such awesome readers and such a great community!  I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to share this past year with you all.  The online writing community is amazing and supportive, I'm just thankful to be a part of it and to know I have you guys in my corner.  Seriously, regardless of what happens on my publishing journey, I will always feel like a writer because I am part of this community.  And in the end, that's what really matters.

I wish you all health and happiness in 2011.  May your New Year be filled with all sorts of miracles.

9 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

And a Happy New Year to you. There are many adventures to be had and I thank you that DIY MFA could be one of my adventures in 2010.

Cheers!

Carol Riggs said...

How fun, starting in a new house at the opening of the New Year! Enjoy!! Congrats, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Yay for your dream house! Merry Christmas :) 2011 is going to be an awesome year!

Cheryl Peters said...

To you as well.

ph_ said...

Wishes for you as well .

Lisa Gail Green said...

Congrats on your home! And ditto on the feelings about the writer's community. I am constantly amazed and inspired.

Kimberly said...

Congrats on your new home! That is exciting.

Best wishes for a great new year!

Cat Lavoie said...

Happy New Year Gabi!! Congrats on the new home and the exciting new projects!! All the best to you and your family! :)

Cathy said...

Congratulations on all the great things happening in your life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails